In Episode 03 of the Charity Charge Show, the founder of Charity Charge chats with Morgan Hurley, Director of the Texas Stars Foundation.
Listen on Apple Podcasts and Spotify or wherever you listen to your podcasts.
The Texas Stars Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to enhancing the community through various forms of support including financial contributions, gifts in kind and volunteerism. Formed in the summer of 2010, they are the official charity of the Texas Stars Hockey Club. They strives to utilize the talents and resources of the Texas Stars players, families, staff and ownership to enrich the greater central Texas area and military children throughout the United States.
The foundation has three pillars of focus for their giving, programs and partnerships: youth engagement, honoring military families, and assisting those in need.
- The foundation supports local charities and organizations by distributing more than $100,000 in cash gifts and grants during the 2018-2019 season.
- Texas Stars players, staff, and mascot Ringo, make numerous community appearances at hospitals, local nonprofits, schools and central Texas businesses.
- Thanks to the generous support of fans, players, players families and staff, the Texas Stars Foundation has distributed over $900,000 during the 2010-19 seasons in cash donations and gifts in-kind to more than 700 different local nonprofits.
Featured photo via: Texas Stars Foundation
Check out more of our podcast episodes here.
- Meet the Organization Spreading the Education of Entrepreneurship Throughout Austin - February 15, 2018
- Meet the Organization Bringing Yoga To Classrooms All Across America - February 5, 2018
- Q&A With the Founder of Because International and the Shoes that Grow - February 1, 2018